1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Bob Sheppard open the new Yankee Stadium?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smasher_Sloan, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Goodbye everybody. See you next week, on ... this week ... in baseball.

Can still hear it in my head and I love it.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

My only time to Yankee Stadium - a Sunday afternoon in August - I forget the score - pretty sure the Yankees won because we got Frank instead of Liza singing New York, New York, but one thing that will always stay with me is hearing Sheppard announce the line-ups. Awesome.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Sounds like the South Park episode when Chef bought the farm.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I agree to let someone else do the PA announcing, although it's still cool to hear Derek Jeter get introduced by the tape of Sheppard. It always seems to give just a little bit more energy to the game.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I went to Yankee Stadium in 2007, only time I've been there. His voice just swirls mystique in that stadium, as much as everything else. I loved it.

6. Gold

Gold Active Member

Extremely cool. Did you do it in the Bob Sheppard style? :)

I went to Yankee Stadium in 1987 or 1988 with a group of people who were good friends of somebody I knew, but I had only seen a couple of people knew my friend a couple of times. It was fan appreciation day, and one of the prizes was a new truck. Someone from our group won the truck, and went to the office with the winning ticket. I thought having Bob Sheppard pronounce your name at Yankee Stadium was cooler than winning the truck.

Draft saved Draft deleted