1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Billy Packer Finally be suspended ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rhody31, Apr 5, 2007.

1. "Guineas," you twit.
    You can't even spell your slurs correctly.

2. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

I meant the college that allegedly fired somebody for the use of a perfectly legitimate word. I did some research on that; turns out it wasn't a college, but the city of Washington that fired a staffer for that. I believe said staffer was later rehired, when it became clear he simply was speaking the king's English.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Good enough, Twoback. Line was wide open for interpretation.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Twit in the UK is a colloquial term for fag. Nice work.

5. Ah, no.
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/twit

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Well then if you accept that dictionary then you have to accept this:

fag 1(fg)
    n.
    a. A student at a British public school who is required to perform menial tasks for a student in a higher class.
    b. A drudge.
    2. Chiefly British Fatiguing or tedious work; drudgery.
    v. fagged, fag·ging, fags
    v.intr.
    1. To work to exhaustion; toil.
    2. To function as the servant of another student in a British public school.
    v.tr.
    To exhaust; weary: Four hours on the tennis court fagged me out.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Boom, this is a thread about gay-bashing. Just watch what you say about Italians.
    You know I'm not that far from you and Uncle Vito will find you if necessary!

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This is not to suggests that the Mafia exists. It does not except in movies.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Mafia? There is no Mafia.

10. No, I don't.
    Let me try to explain this to you.
    1) You asserted that "twit" meant something that it demonstrably -- sorry, JDV -- does not. By any lexicographical standard. Period. End of discussion.
    2) You then assert that I have to accept a definition for what Packer said as benign because there are benign definitions for that word listed in the same reference that proved that you'd pulled a definition of "twit" out of your own arse. So, as the old philosophy Jesuits used to joke, because all men are mortal, and Socrates is a man, all men are Socrates. Ah, no.
    Tomorrow's lesson will be on "context." Please try to keep up with the rest of the class.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

BEDROCK--A sexual defamation lawsuit was filed today by two quarry workers, claiming they were damaged and defamed by a song that described them as having 'a gay old time.'

The plaintiffs, Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble, claim they are not gay, that they are merely good friends having a yabba dabba doo time, a dabba doo time.

12. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

No day is sad if Billy Packer is taken off the air for any reason. His abrasiveness and cheerleading for his favorite school/conference/coach/player wore thin years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted