1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Billy Packer Finally be suspended ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rhody31, Apr 5, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Rhody, you're making me feel like Michael Corleone in Part III ....

Saying that Packer should not be disciplined for using the phrase "fag out" is gay-bashing but saying you don't care if your friend's brother "likes to blow dudes" is not?
    I guess I'm just too old to understand the hipness of "I don't care that he likes to blow dudes" having the same meaning as saying "he's gay."

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

When arguing with someone who has facts, it would be wise to counter with facts.

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Clearly.

4. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Billy Packer was horrendous during the tournament and that should have him fired more so then these remarks.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And Bill Walton likely wouldn't walk up to Rasheed Wallace and say, "You played HORRRRRRRRRRRIBLE." So what?

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I am fondly reminded of the equally silly Water Buffalo Incident:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_buffalo_incident

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Reminds me of my last visit to Rhode Island. My friends and I were coming back to the Biltmore after hanging out with Mo Vaughn at the Foxy Lady. We decided to grab a few dogs at Haven Brothers. I am standing in line and notice in the alleyway there is some black dude blowing this little fag. Perhaps it was your friends brother- Rhody.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If it weren't for this country's intolerant attitude, the black dude could have been blowing his little fag inside the club instead of hanging around shady alleys.

That's what is wrong with this country. Go to China and you'll see people freely cavorting with their fags everywhere.

9. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Hope nobody's sending their kids to that college.
    Holy Moses.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Are you kidding ? The guinies from federal hill would never allow that in their clubs.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Punished? You've got to be kidding.

Like Bubbler and some others have chimed in, I'm no fan of Packer. But to punish him in this instance wouldn't make much sense.

Twoback, Billy Packer went to Wake Forest. If you have a problem with that school, I hope you have a thoroughly sound reason.

12. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

That college doesn't exist. I don't know how to go far enough back with the quote function, but it was a political firing, as I pointed out.

Draft saved Draft deleted