1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Billy Packer Finally be suspended ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rhody31, Apr 5, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yes, Rhody, I left 40 in the rear view mirror quite a while ago.
    That does not mean I bash gays or blacks or anyone else or think it's OK to do so. That does not mean I go around saying I have gay friends when I don't...I might have gay friends, I might not. It's of no consequence.

I also don't claim to be offended by the phrase "fag out" and then say "I don't care that my buddy's brother likes to blow dudes." Nice respect for your buddy's gay brother.
    Hypocrite.

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

This is a terrible post on about 29 different levels. Not one of which makes you appear any smarter or more sensitive or more rational. "Black?" "Old world?"

It also seems that in addition to being your generation's hope for a new tomorrow, that you're the only one here using "fag" for its derogatory value.

That you're an inexperienced writer unfamiliar with your own language - and the flexibility and nuance of language itself - isn't shocking so much as it's merely saddening.

I hope your buddy's brother who likes "to blow dudes" never has to travel to London or Sydney or Dubai or Johannesburg and ask for a cigarette.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I noticed that too. It was like nails scraping across the blackboard. What you should have said is that you did not care if your friend's little brother performed fellatio on his significant other.

4. Boom_70

Hey mate can I use your lighter to light my fag ?

5. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

How is that being a hypocrite? He blows dudes. I don't care. I don't care that my friend's sister's probably do it, so why would I care if a guy probably does it? I was saying it to make a point. It doesn't matter who you blow - it's your business.
    I find the older generation are more offended by gays. Gays weren't allowed to be out like they are today. The older generation is usually complaining about things being too gay. It might have been OK to say fag out back in the day, but it is not OK to do that now, and Packer should have known that.
    I'm not trying to beef with you spnited - I just think the older generation needs to get off its high horse at times and realizes that times have changed.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Rhody, please stop before you embarrass yourself any further.
    I'm done here.

7. Rhody31

I KNOW THAT FAG HAS OTHER MEANINGS!
    Fag is a hateful word now. You cannot say it.
    Sorry I don't bring my A-game when I post. Anything I write on here has nothing to do with my abilities as a writer or knowledge of the english language. I try to post on this board as I speak.
    And if he's in London, Syndey, Dubau or Johannesburg, that's fine. Billy Packer was not when he made this comment. He was in Atlanta, where fag is a derogatory term for a homosexual.

8. Boom_70

Hey give us a break . Us old folks had a tough enough time making transition from colored man to african american.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

I believe, Boom, we had to go through a full transition from the n-word, to negro to coloreds to Afro-American before we reached African-Americna. It was a long and difficult road.
    I'm glad we have finally arrived at "black." It's just so much easier.

10. Rhody31

That made me laugh.
    I guess everyone else can go back to defending gay-bashing now.

11. Boom_70

For me black has been a hell of a lot easier to spell

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Just got off the phone with Billy Packer, who being over 50, can't figure out how to post here. So he wanted to let you guys know how he felt about the whole fagged out thing.

Here is his direct quote:

"Blimey, those blokes are barmey.

Meself been bloody well saying fagged out for years.

It may have been a wee cock up, mind ya, but I wasn't calling me bloke Charlie a Nancy boy.

Keep your pecker up!

Ta ta!"

Draft saved Draft deleted