1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Barbaro go to Heaven?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

http://forums.kentucky.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=kr-kentgennews&msg=2992.1&ctx=1

That's the question currently being asked on the Lexington Herald-Leader's Web site. Click on the link above to cast your vote.

Personally, I think the question should be "Is Barbaro in Heaven?" since the horse is already deceased. However, maybe the pollster is assuming there's an equine purgatory or perhaps the pollster believes the Derby winner is in an afterlife paddock preparing his next race, be it in horsey heaven or horsey hell.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

No, because he wasted so many resources with his injury and death that he will be punished for eternity.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I assume that in horsey heaven the horseys ride the jockeys (also known as jockey hell)

4. WSKY

WSKY Member

Yeah, but the docs said because of his treatment, it will help in others like it down the road. Bottom line: Barbaro is going to the highest level of heaven. I can't wait to ride him.

5. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Good Christ I hope not. I've eaten a lot of animals and I sure don't want to encounter their spirits in the afterlife.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Is this the most ridiculous question ever posted on a newspaper internet site?

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Ride him how? The way he never got to ride a female (can't remember the word) horse?

8. I can't stop laughing at this.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

This concept leaves me speechless, yes.

10. From the technical perspective, it's kind of hard to argue either way not knowing what faith he was.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Maybe Barbaro was a devout Horslim and believed he was going to meet 72 virgin mares in the afterlife.

::) ::)

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Mare.

Draft saved Draft deleted