1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wilfred on FX

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

DVR'ing tonight's show while I'm traveling, but I'll add that the last couple weeks were very, very funny.

Best line from last week's show: While Elijah Wood and Chris Klein are playing ping pong, "I've seen more aggressive ball playing in airport men's restrooms."

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The last three weeks, the doggy daycare episode and last night's in particular, have definitely been the best of the run so far.
    I wasn't able to watch it because of work, but IFC was showing a marathon of the original Australian show last Sunday. Wonder if they'll do that again sometime.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

"Right rabbit...wrong hole"

BAHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAA!

Great guest star by Jane Kaczmarek.

4. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Once the show shed its easy and lame dog jokes, it's starting to soar. The most recent episode and the one where they volunteer at the hospice were tremendous. Jason Gann's delivery is so, so on.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And yet, it still hits those easy dog jokes at exactly the right times. Like the previous episode, where Ryan smacked Wilfred with the newspaper. Or this week's, where Wilfred is pissing on the kid's big wheel. The whole "relationship" with Bear is one big dog joke that's taken to another level and repeatedly well-executed.

Oh, and before I forget to mention it, the stuffed giraffe sex montage was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long, long time.

6. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

You're right on re: dog jokes. When Wilfred smelled his ass before approaching the giraffe ... or having to tell his dog twice about the Monopoly money were perfect.

And I love the righteous indignation with which Wilfred always corrects Ryan.

7. spikechiquet

So anyone else feel like this has taken a sick twist toward really sad tale of a insane person more than just a comedy about a guy that can see a talking dog.

Man, today's episode was dark.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I can't bring myself to watch three minutes of this show. I might be missing something, but ...

9. spikechiquet

Noted.

Now...anyone that actually watches care to comment?

:p

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I hadn't even realized the second season started... I'll have to add it back to my DVR, which got wiped of its subscriptions a month or so ago.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

the second season has started strong.

12. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Allison Mack is a fox. Only reason I started watching..

Draft saved Draft deleted