1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wild beat writer, St. Paul, MN

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Jan 3, 2013.

1. sportsgal78

sportsgal78 New Member

anything new on this job?

2. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell New Member

Still open. Never mind the 10-year-old baggage. Come here, self start, scrape your windshield, kick ass and the world's your oyster

3. Chest Rockwell

Mentioned this on the Twins opening as well:

These are two major pro beats in a fiercely competitive, four-sport, Big 10 market with excellent space to write well, enterprise and punch your ticket. Sexism is not an issue here.

Never was

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Chest, knock it off. You got something on the record with hard-core evidence that makes it pertinent to this and the Twins opening, then post it. Repeat: On the record. Hard-core evidence.

Otherwise, knock it off.

We thank you.

5. Chest Rockwell

I'm not going to re-litigate 2003 for the sake of selling great opportunities in 2012. For what it's worth, Kelsie Smith came here and thrived covering the Twins before leaving to start a family.

These are two high-profile beats at the same paper offering a chance to play in the big leagues and grow as a journalist. If that sounds enticing raise your hand. Or just sit on he back bench and hurl tomatoes

6. What happened as a result of the 2003 allegations?

7. Jeff Wendt

Jeff Wendt New Member

Has anyone heard any news on this front?

8. Jeff Wendt

Jeff Wendt New Member

Well it looks like someone got the job. Congrats to whoever got it. Guess not everyone warrants a call.

9. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

When i saw the subject of this post, I thought somebody wanted to hire a guy that parties all night, drinks until he passes out, smokes a pack a day and goes through women like cups of coffee.

10. If you think you deserve a call, you should be getting calls for similar openings.

11. Chest Rockwell

For those scoring at home, why the fuck would you ever score at home

Anyway, word outta St. Paul is that Chad Graff, recent grad of University of New Hampshire and super-stud intern at the Boston Globe, will be taking on the Wild beat later this month

Any word out there on this very fortunate soul?

12. Don't know him. But I don't like him already ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted