1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

wilco fans -- pbs alert

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HoopsMcCann, Nov 3, 2007.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

Put down the lotion and back away from the Tweedy portrait.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Sky Blue Sky ... starts off strong, dies in the middle, comes back good at the end.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Son Volt fans can keep saying that, but it doesn't make it true.

YHF is better than Trace. The fact that a bunch of pretentious rock critics liked the album (and the story behind it) seems to distract some people from the fact that it's an awesome record, and superior to Trace in every way.

But it's a silly debate anyway. It's not like Jeff and Jay are playing a football game and we're arguing which one will defeat the other. I like 'em both. I just think Wilco, at its best, is much better than Son Volt at its best.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

As for how great YHF is said to be (and I like it and own the CD), switch "Son Volt" with "Wilco" and that sentence applies, DD.

I actually think Son Volt has made the same record ever since Trace; I don't particularly like any of them. But I'm not ceding anything when it comes to Trace. If there was only one CD I could listen to the rest of my life, that's it. So, for me, Wilco has done more to establish a legacy than Son Volt, but Farrar's best trumps Tweedy's best.

Draft saved Draft deleted