1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wilbon vs. Feinstein vs. Couch Slouch

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by sixthstjoe, Mar 29, 2010.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I've always liked Chad, though I don't go out of my way to read him. But when I see a link, I usually like it, and I don't watch enough poker on TV to have his schtick wear thin.

My Pierce fangirlism is well-documented, so I loved Chad here:

But then...he lost me.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I just remember when I saw Feinstein had edited a Best American Sports Writing series (a few years after the fact), I was just shocked. I lost a bit of respect for the series.

I've read three of Feinstein's books. Season on a Brink was really great. The other two...well, I didn't consider picking up a fourth. And I won't.

His work for the Post as a college columnist is probably the single worst thing published in the post, narrowly edging the Couch Slouch redundancy that appears every week. All he does is pat his coaching friends on the back and spew out hatred for the things he thinks are wrong with the game without ever taking a moment to analyze or do anything warranting the "On Basketball" analysis sig they give his columns.

Draft saved Draft deleted