1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wilbon vs. Feinstein vs. Couch Slouch

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by sixthstjoe, Mar 29, 2010.

1. sixthstjoe

sixthstjoe New Member

My Monday morning constitutional, as always, was made better by Norman Chad's Couch Slouch column...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/28/AR2010032802396.html

...but I was unclear on what the Wilbon-Feinstein feud involved?
    Anyone have any details?
    And does anyone body-punch Feinstein better than Chad?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Interesting that while mocking all that feuding, he took the time to kick Feinstein in the nuts.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I like Feinstein, generally because we dislike the same people. However, it seems John does piss off an extraordinary amount of people. It seems about right that many would kick him in the nuts, deservedly or gratuitously

4. bartlett4a

bartlett4a New Member

Feinstein throws in his own shot on his blog today:

http://www.feinsteinonthebrink.com/index.php?id=2271854427778487637

(All the way at the end)

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I have to admit it ... I chuckled at that line.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

As did I. John raises a very, very good point there.

7. Bubbler

Reading Feinstein's blog ... this apparently came up in January too.

From Jan. 5 ... I'd link if I could

Meow.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's not nice to criticize others over what beer they drink. Even weenies who drink crap like Coors Light.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Years ago, I'm helping a buddy work a beer booth at a music festival in Denton, Texas. We're having a blast. The beer supplier has a guy in the booth with us keeping the coolers stocked and he's providing us with as much as he's putting in there. Music is grand (Brave Combo!). Just a fine, fun night.

A woman comes up and doesn't much like the offerings - most of them imported. She tells me she wants something that is similar to Coors Light.

"Give her this," the beer guy says, putting a bottle in my hand.

It was a bottle of water.

10. Bubbler

I don't know. Water has a pretty big kick compared to Coors Light.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

At any rate, I used to work on occasion with Norm Chad. Feinstein's wrong in his assessment: Chad is funny, gracious, friendly and certainly not bitter. He's also a real talent and I'm surprised Hollywood doesn't use him more often.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

First off, thanks for the link.

Secondly, that parting shot was vintage. It was also something he penned in one of his books. He quoted Mike Krzyzewski, calling Dean Smith "full of sh_t" and added "If I ever start acting like this, (referring to Smith) don't even ask me what I'm doing. Just get a gun and shoot me."

Thirdly, as much as I like Feinstein - is a dozen of his books enough? - the Duke grad misspelled John (sic) Scheyer's name. No "h" is his forename, John.

Draft saved Draft deleted