1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wilbon v. Feinstein - What the Hell?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Still a great, hilarious read:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1004945/index.htm

Steve Wulf soon found himself at Time Magazine.

One of those with more knowledge than me can hopefully answer if that was coincidence or not.

2. Hey, I'd be happy to be wrong about that. It would definitely make me feel better about the way he's reacting. But ... I still think it's on him to do a "full disclosure" in that case -- I'd never heard that, and if you didn't know that, the perception is what I'd stated above. And if he really is that personally close to Jordan he needs to say, "I'm really close friends with him, I can't remain objective about this." Or his bosses need to say that, or Tony K needs to say that.

Found it interesting a comment he made on PTI the other day, regarding Daly being mad at the writer for airing "private" indescretions: Wilbon said (paraphrase), "If you want to keep it private, don't be indiscrete."

If someone had said something similar that smugly about Tiger ....

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Bob Costas does... He asked Jordan if she was his mother in the celebration after a championship...

Jordan: That's my wife.
    Costas: Sorry, the champagne got in my eyes.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Feinstein posted about this "story" today. Feud is over

http://www.feinsteinonthebrink.com/index.php

Draft saved Draft deleted