1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wikipedia: No more cheap shots at living people

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Aug 25, 2009.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Still OK to say what you want on there about dead people. But editing of any living person's Wikipedia entry just got a little more stringent:

I guess Tribe fans won't be able to vandalize Larry Dolan's page when the team trades Grady Sizemore in a couple years -- unless Dolan's already dead. You just wait, Art Modell!

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

So now The Man is going to decide whether Kevin Gregg molests children.
  3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'd like to think I played a small role in this.

And Kevin Gregg molests collies.
  4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Oops, my mistake. I should have kept up on my Wikipedia before The Man took over.
  5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Check Mike Bianchi's wiki bio.
  6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Nice one.
  7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

Lassie wept.
  8. BYH

BYH Active Member

I knew this was coming, and it was still awesome.
  9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

He named Steve Spurrier's office the Fun N' Gun?

(I saw the other thing, too. I guess that's funny, in a seventh-grade sort of way).
  10. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Holy shit is that awesome.

On July 10, 2009 Francoeur was traded to the New York Mets for outfielder Ryan Church.[8]
    He made his Mets debut on July 11, 2009 and notched two RBIs in his first at bat. He finished the day going 2-4 with 2 RBI, a strikeout, and was caught stealing once. On July 20th, Francoeur hit his first home run as a Met off Washington Nationals pitcher Logan Kensing during the ninth inning of that game.
    On August 20, 2009, the dead body of a 22-year old man was found on Chipper Jones' ranch.[9] Had the man's death been the result of being hit with a baseball bat Francouer would have immediately been ruled out as a suspect.
    On August 23, 2009, Francouer became the second player in major league history to hit in to a game-ending unassisted triple play turned by Eric Bruntlett, second baseman for the Philadelphia Phillies.[10] Homer Summa hit a line drive to Detroit Tigers first baseman Johnny Neun who also turned a game-ending unassisted triple play on May 31, 1927, completing a 1-0 victory over Cleveland.[11]
Draft saved Draft deleted