1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wikipedia: No more cheap shots at living people

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Aug 25, 2009.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Still OK to say what you want on there about dead people. But editing of any living person's Wikipedia entry just got a little more stringent:

I guess Tribe fans won't be able to vandalize Larry Dolan's page when the team trades Grady Sizemore in a couple years -- unless Dolan's already dead. You just wait, Art Modell!

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/25/technology/internet/25wikipedia.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

So now The Man is going to decide whether Kevin Gregg molests children.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'd like to think I played a small role in this.

And Kevin Gregg molests collies.

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Oops, my mistake. I should have kept up on my Wikipedia before The Man took over.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Check Mike Bianchi's wiki bio.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Nice one.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Lassie wept.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

I knew this was coming, and it was still awesome.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

He named Steve Spurrier's office the Fun N' Gun?

(I saw the other thing, too. I guess that's funny, in a seventh-grade sort of way).

10. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Holy shit is that awesome.

On July 10, 2009 Francoeur was traded to the New York Mets for outfielder Ryan Church.[8]
    He made his Mets debut on July 11, 2009 and notched two RBIs in his first at bat. He finished the day going 2-4 with 2 RBI, a strikeout, and was caught stealing once. On July 20th, Francoeur hit his first home run as a Met off Washington Nationals pitcher Logan Kensing during the ninth inning of that game.
    On August 20, 2009, the dead body of a 22-year old man was found on Chipper Jones' ranch.[9] Had the man's death been the result of being hit with a baseball bat Francouer would have immediately been ruled out as a suspect.
    On August 23, 2009, Francouer became the second player in major league history to hit in to a game-ending unassisted triple play turned by Eric Bruntlett, second baseman for the Philadelphia Phillies.[10] Homer Summa hit a line drive to Detroit Tigers first baseman Johnny Neun who also turned a game-ending unassisted triple play on May 31, 1927, completing a 1-0 victory over Cleveland.[11]
    [edit]

Draft saved Draft deleted