1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wii?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Babyjay, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Babyjay

Babyjay Member

If you buy a Wii, what stuff do you really need? I know two controllers and nunchucks, but I see all these charging stations and things ... It's all so confusing.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Nunchuks? You didn't need fucking nunchuks to play Asteroids or Pitfall.

3. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

The Wiimotes take 2 AA batteries each. Charging station kits replace those with a large single battery which can be removed and charged. Not necessary, but handy.

I've got four controllers and three nunchucks. And yeah, you won't need nunchucks as often as you think - but you will need them.

As more titles come out with it, you'll want the Motion Plus attachment for improved tracking. Wii Sports Resort comes pre-packaged with it, but if you start buying games which use it you'll want a Motion Plus attachment for a second player (or more).

The balance board is overrated, you need Wii-specific controllers for Guitar Hero and Rock Band, etc.

Oh, and buy one of those add-on packs with mini baseball bats, tennis rackets and golf clubs. Totally useful.

4. bwright

bwright Member

Those remotes EAT some batteries, by the way. I've not used the recharge things (sadly, no longer have the wii) but it has to be worth it if you plan on playing much at all.

5. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

True, they eat batteries but that's why I bought rechargeable AA's.

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

You don't really need the recharge stations, since the only thing they're useful for are the Wii-motes. Just get a standard battery charger and some rechargeable batteries, that way you can use those AAs in your point and click cameras, television remotes and other devices.

One of the Black Friday sales, which I think might be extended, was for the Rock Band package (guitar, drums and mic) for $50. If you see that somewhere, it's definitely worth picking up.

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Same here. With two Wiimotes and four rechargeable batteries, that helps things out a lot.

8. dieditor

dieditor Member

I recommend the wheel as well. If you buy Mario Kart (which you'll definitely want to do), it comes with a wheel, and I think you can get a second one for about $10.

I'd also recommend a Wii Points card so you can download all the old-school Nintendo games they offer. Lots of fun.

9. JNEWFIFTY

JNEWFIFTY Member

Has anyone played Fifa 10 for wii yet? I was looking to rent it and try it before I bought it, but no Blockbuster near me has it.

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Try Gamefly.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Seconded. I have GameFly and love it.

Draft saved Draft deleted