1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wii - or Moddy needs to get out more Part 2,349

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Next time my son loads up the bong and has his boyz over, we'll invite you!

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The bowling game on Wii Sports is the shit. Especially when played with the WiiMote.

I am waiting patient for the inevitable Wii version of the next Knights of the Old Republic --- which I am told is in development. I've seen a thing that lets you put the WiiMote in something that looks like the hilt of a sword. Comes in red or blue and lights up --- and everybody who's stepped into a theater in the past 30+ years knows exactly what that looks like. :D

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

There was an article in EGM this month about "The Force Unleashed" game that's coming out in September. The different platforms -- and it's on most every platform, including the DS and PS2 -- has its own little tricks and goodies. For the Wii, it's motion controls tied to the lightsaber and force push.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The focus of the game? "Kicking someone's ass with The Force."

Hell. Fucking. Yeah. ;D

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The Wii is an amazing thing.

In 10 (maybe five) years students in schools will be learning through these games and not just once a week.

My wife works at a children's hospital, and they already have a couple for physical therapy.

Your library of the future (shit, it should be today) will have more space devoted to these and hot spots for students than books. Before you gasp, books can be stored in a condensed shelving and students can browse electronically instead of just walking through shelves.

Libraries are the most misused space in a school.

7. patchs

patchs Active Member

We just got 1 last week and I am loving it.
    We saw one last month at a friends house and my 8-year-old daughter wanted one.
    So I go out and actually found one pretty easy. At first, her and my 6-year-old daughter played non stop, now, a week later, they're back to PC Barbie games.
    That's OK, more Wii time for Daddy. I ordered the MLB game and after seeing that trailer for the Star Wars game, that's a must buy.
    And I'm getting psyched for Madden next month.
    Moddy, trust me, give it a shot, it takes a few minutes to get the hang of it but after that, you won't be able to stop.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Amazing machine. My brother got one last year and the entire family was on it. I haven't seen my father play a video game since we played Pac-Man on my Atari 2600 and my mother since...never.

I want to buy him a Wii Fit board, those look awesome. Can use it as an exercise board or balance-testing games like ski jumping or a hilarious soccer game where you have to keep heading balls that players fire at you, while avoiding the occasional flying shoe.

9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

One piece of advice: if you are playing Wii tennis with a partner...get at LEAST five or six feet away from A-them and B-anything else in the room. My roommate had one and she didn't rest until she had not only attempted to decapitate me with her Wiimote, but also the fish tank.

But it's very easy to play, and a lot of fun. Mario Kart is awesome but even cooler is that you can order games from online (if you have it hooked up to your wireless connection) from any of the Nintendo platforms.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, before we left his crib last night he went online and looked at all the games he could get.
    He's getting Tetris just for me.

His extremely impressive neighbor was very excited to hear he now had a Wii, so maybe it will turn out to be an even better present than he expected.

11. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

Moddy, you should definitely get in on the Wii action.

I was actually the last person in my family to get one. My bro and his wife had one, leading my parents and grandparents to play it last thanksgiving. They loved it so much that my mom, years removed from having to hunt these types of things down around Christmas, was on a constant mission to get one for her and my dad as well as one for the grandparents.

so when I got one for my birthday this year, i was merely playing catchup with my parents and my 85-year-old grandparents. everyone loves it. it's awesome.

and might i suggest, game-wise, one that's pretty cheap but fun: Party Games. It has beer pong, hoop shoot, darts, trivia, air hockey and skee ball.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

If you get Madden for the Wii, prepare to devote a lot of time to practice. You can be much more accurate with your passing, but it takes time to get comfortable with using the nunchuk for juking while running, and especially to swing your arms to kick.

Draft saved Draft deleted