1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wii - or Moddy needs to get out more Part 2,349

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

We got one for my son for his birthday.
    I had no idea what they were when The Queen sent me on a mission to find one. After many, many, many misses, I found one.

A. What is it?
    B. Why is it so hard to find?
    C. Why is my son going nuts on the phone trying to find something called Mario Kart?
    D. When did I turn really damn old?

He's hooking it up now. Looks like a DVD player of some kind.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Your son will never see daylight again.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

A. It's really cool.
    B. It's really cool.
    C. It's really cool.
    D. I'm gonna say 1997. :)

Try the bowling. You'll be hooked.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Bowling for sure. Tennis is good, too. And hopefully he wants (or has) Guitar Hero.

Just got the Aerosmith version in our house. One of the best birthday presents we ever got my son...

5. Moderator1

Mario just popped up on his Hi Def screen. He says it is called Super Smash Brothers.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Try the boxing game. It's a pretty good workout.

7. Moderator1

I'm not trying shit. I'm worthless at that kind of thing.
    But he's in high heaven. I could leave right now and head home and he wouldn't notice.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

You can do the bowling, modster. Try it.

9. beanpole

beanpole Member

I got one for my teenage sons last month. They love it, and I think it's pretty cool. Bowling, tennis and golf were cool. But I like my Playstation better. Does that make me old??

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The beauty of the Wii is if you can move your arms, you can play. No Thumbelina tricks. That's why I believe every paper has done the "nursing home residents play Wii!" stories.

If you try, one tip: on Wii sports, it's not necessary to throw your arms around like you would in real life. A flick of the wrist is all that's necessary. Your pitches in Wii baseball will clock faster that way.

11. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Do the bowling. Or the tennis.

Just have an ice pack handy in the morning for all those muscles you forgot you had.

12. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Oh Moddy, I'm so proud of you. Finally entering the 21st century.

Wii is a gaming system. Basically a small specialized computer. What makes it cool is the controller, which is motion sensitive. As mentioned, what the controller does is simplify things to the point where anybody can play and have success.

It's hard to find because of the above point. Damn popular, and not just with the kids.

Mario Kart will let your kid drive, basically. Controller acts like a steering wheel.

Enjoy!

Draft saved Draft deleted