1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wii Fit question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HC, Dec 28, 2008.

1. sostartled

sostartled Member

My wife got into it by following some girls blog. She took pictures of her progress each week and my wife got hooked. It really does give you a great workout. My wife is drenched afterwards.

2. Blair Waldorf

Blair Waldorf Member

Drenched is an understatement. And another thing - ladies will want to invest in a really nice sports bra if they're going to do this workout video.

But the encouragement throughout the difficult parts is really awesome - just when you think you can't do anymore, she mentions something about 400-pound people being able to do this workout better than we're doing right now and it just gives you motivation to go even harder.

I got it on sale at Target for $12 -- the best $12 I've spent in a long while.

3. jps

jps Active Member

I went over to amazon and read how it's got three stages ... you just decide when you feel you're able to move on to the next one, I guess?

4. jps

jps Active Member

didn't look at shipping, but you can get the video at amazon for like $8.50.

5. Blair Waldorf

Blair Waldorf Member

Yup. For me, I didn't move up in stage levels until I could move up to the third set of weights and complete the stage comfortably. I did 2, 5 and 6 pound weights.

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Thanks for this, Blair. I'll check it out.

7. Blair Waldorf

Blair Waldorf Member

No prob, HC. If you do Netflix, it's available on there (or at least it was a while back) and you can "test it out" before you decide to purchase.

8. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Hey, just be careful of that soup - high on sodium (depends what else you eat, of course).

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I bought a basketball today instead. I might still think about the Wii, but I'm going to try to find a court and maybe eventually a friendly game first.

10. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

You can join myself & a bunch of other old guys on Wednesdays. :)

11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Sounds good. Probably a bit of a drive though.

12. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Probably. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted