1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wii emergency ... Bolt

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BB Bobcat, Nov 25, 2008.

1. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

We just got this game from Blockbuster. It's obviously a brand new game because I couldn't find any info or cheats online.

We get through the first stage with that little girl beating up the bad guys, but then we get stuck with Bolt in this room just running around dodging shots from a helicopter. We can't figure out what we're supposed to do or how to move on to another scene.

There are some very frustrated kids in my house (not to mention a frustrated Dad).

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Have you tried kicking the dog really hard to get his attention? Or maybe a doggie treat?

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Go outside. It's a nice day.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

I have had a WII for over a year and have used it exactly one time. The second controller is still in the packaging.

5. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I played the demo on the 360. In that scene you had to press the correct buttons in order as they flashed on the screen. Eventually Bolt will catch a missile in his mouth & send it back towards the chopper.

In a related note, my Wii is a glorified board game. It gets some use when friends are over or when my daughter wants to play Mario Kart, but for the most part it sits there & flashes a pretty blue light at me.

6. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

I'll give you $100 for it.

7. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

Well, damn. I was going to get one as the big gift for my kid this year. Everyone I know has told me how great they are. Now I'm reading not one, but two posts, about how boring they are. What's up?

8. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I was about to offer 150 for it, PaperDragon....

Mine was stolen when my house was burgled.

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Selling it to a woman in my office for 150. She has two young sons who will probably use the hell out of it.

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

A Wii is great, especially if your kids are younger. It's very easy to use and does get kids up and moving. Plus, there are a lot of great accessories. For his sixth birthday, my son got light sabers for his Star Wars games. You put the controller inside the light saber, then spin that baby around like a real Jedi.

Another game I would recommend highly is Wii Fit. It's a big pad that looks and feels like a scale. Anyway, it has all sorts of exercises, and you unlock more as you reach certain accomplishments with the exercises. It's got yoga, aerobics, strength and balance training. The great thing about is that you can bring it out anytime and set up your own workout. Also, if you're off of it for a few days, it gives you a big guilt trip about not doing it. It's far less intimidating and far more convenient that going to a gym to have some perfectly toned instructor bark at you. Plus, you have to do the exercises correctly to unlock more, so you end up getting a better workout. My wife and I use it, and my 11-year-old son and 9-year-old daughter are jumping on there every day as well.

11. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

If she backs out, I'll fork over 150 for it in a heartbeat. My wife and I used the hell out of ours.

12. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I am a big fan of the Wii for the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games.

Anything that has my wife, 11 year old and myself playing together for 2 hours on a Saturday night is OK by me.

Draft saved Draft deleted