1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

When I worked in Jamaica I'd awake every morning at 4:30 and get picked up by a driver with a reporter to do our rounds around the cities, the reporter to get police reports from every precinct, and me to take photos of everyday life. We'd go through the poorest of the poor neighborhoods. One day we passed a little boy, 6 or 7, wearing underwear only, standing in the street brushing his teeth. I took the picture. Here the kid had zero going for him, yet he found a water supply to brush his teeth. If I find the photo I'll scan it and post it.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The mircle of T-9

3. boots

boots New Member

Yes but there's no law against texting. You can use your cell phone if you have a headset.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Anybody found texting while driving should have their licenses suspended.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If the kid found a water supply and was brushing his teeth, he had more than zero going for him, on two counts.

Standing in his underwear, though, puts the little man in crazy grandpa territory.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He wasn't the only one in Trench Town wearing his underwear in public.

7. Should have rear-ended her and taught her a lesson ...

8. Jack_Bauer24

Jack_Bauer24 New Member

Couple years ago I passed a guy who was playing the flute. We flew past him and the guy with me saw it and couldn't stop laughing. He finally got to telling me what was so funny, so I slowed down and let the flutist catch up. Sure as shit, he was fluting away. Never seen anything like that, before or since.

9. 1997. Atlanta. 8ish in the morning.

Big Caddy in the next lane, swerving a bit. Driver was shaving.

With a blade.

10. lono

lono Active Member

A woman ran into the back of my car while she was applying lipstick and checking herself in the rearview.

Fuckbasket, she was.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Did she then accidentally smear it all over her face?

12. lono

lono Active Member

Just a little. But she refused to get out of her car until she had it fixed.

Draft saved Draft deleted