1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why your music sucks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tom Petty, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

god bless ya buck.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Take back vanessa redgrave
    Take back joe piscopo
    Take back eddie murphy
    Give 'em all some place to go

3. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I believe the popular term is y'allternative.

4. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

I love 80s music as much as the next goof, but to just make a blanket statement like "80s music is so much better than today's music" doesn't have a whole lot of substance behind it.

I'm in my mid-30s and grew up listening to MJ, Prince, Springsteen, Mellencamp and all the one-hit wonders. But I know there was ALOT of crap artists during that time too that had some big hits or do I have to break out my El DeBarge CD on you guys?

There's plenty of good artists today. And some will reach the level of some of the aforementioned top acts in terms of success and cultural impact. All they need is time and a group of grumpy Gen-Y music experts 20 years from now to cry about how music in the 00s was so much better than music in 2027.

And then it will start all over again.

Such is life.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

great variety and sound in the 1980s.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Clack!!!

The sound of the mousetrap snapping another neck.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Truth is the ultimate defense.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

do you ever grow weary of sucking cock simon? because you are nothing short of a true cocksucker all the time.

that is all.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Haven't heard that term yet. Hopefully that's not the only new thing I learn today.
    One artist in that genre, when asked by a fan how he'd classify his music he responded "Crack music, because it slips through the cracks (of all music store classifications)."

Draft saved Draft deleted