1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why You Should Take A Gun To The Gym

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

:-*

2. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

No. I just would have demanded that they change the damned channel. Had it been MTV, I would have asked. But I was afraid they might start some sort of conversation that ends with me in a church pew singing one of those spendid songs about something that is bloody.

I should note here that the gun was needed partly because I was not about to ask that wild-eyed dude with the bulging muscles if he could tell his ho to take the kids home and put them in bed where they belong at 11 p.m.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

The gun would have been a great idea Heineken...
    after all, it's not like you could have just gone back to your own apartment and watched the game in peace.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't understand. You said there was a TV in every corner of the room.
    Why not just tell the people 'Hey, I'm going to put the game on over here'?

5. HeinekenMan

And miss my workout?

6. HeinekenMan

Well, only two of them were visible. I'm not entirely sure why they had the other two installed. Then again, I'm not sure about a lot of things they did, including putting every door in my apartment on crooked so that they all squeak and wake up my wife when I'm up at 2 a.m. trying to explain the dimensions of a gym to people I don't know...so that I can justify my interest in using a gun that I don't own.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Put your hands on the treadmill and send in $20.

Draft saved Draft deleted