1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why you should never say stupid stuff to get out of jury duty

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I haven't gotten a jury summons in about five years. For a while I was getting them every six months and having to call the county clerk and tell them I was exempted for two years for my last summons.

2. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

G/f's friend is impaneled in a DC grand jury. If I'm correct, it's two days a week for up to two years and she gets paid $40 per day. That would cripple me and needless to say her and her husband are stressed about it.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Jury duty worked wrll for me. I was called within two hours of orientation. Wound up on a civil case. It took til Friday, but we were done by 10:30 a.m. Friday. Every day we arrived later than I would have for work and left much earlier than I would have left work. Case was easy to resolve -- took us all of five minutes to make our decision, though we then talked about it for another 45. It was interesting enough, though I wouldn't want it to become a regular thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted