1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why YOU should buy a toyota TODAY!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Theoldbenchwarmer, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You traded a Jeep for a Toyota!?!

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Another happy story from the Land of Pleasant Living.

Let's all go have a Natty Bo!

3. markvid

markvid Guest

I hate to let the air out of the balloon, but he better get his car looked at by a Toyota dealership.
    You never know what might be broken that you can't see.

4. It was a 93 jeep. It had been broken in to, had peeling paint, the adhesive on the ceiling was pretty much gone, the trunk didn't stay open, and it got HORRIBLE gas mileage. It was worth the upgrade.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So it was a Cherokee? Okay then. I had this image of you going from a Wrangler to Corolla.

6. Yeah. I probably could have mentioned that. Cherokee Lorado. It was a good car, but not worth the upkeep.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

For you and Moddy to stop it. Kinda like the Toyota ...

8. Magnum

Magnum Member

'Oh what a feeling' it must be that no one got hurt and your car is safe, Monsieur Benchwarmer.

Speaking of ...

[​IMG]

No one touches these guys' Toyota.

9. jambalaya

jambalaya Member

About six months after I purchased a Toyota truck which came off a lease, some dipshit plowed into my right front fender making a lane change. I got out expecting something bad.

There was nothing but one small rub mark. This guy quite literally bounced off my car. His tuner was wrecked badly. Mine, just the small rub but thankfully, zero body damage.

Oh, what a feeling!

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

His radio got wrecked?

11. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Toyota is a great car. I own a Highlander and it's awesome. Another family member owns a Carolla and says it's the best investment ever.

However, the one Toyota that I don't recommend is the Solara. Bad copy of a convertible.

12. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

My Camry just turned 82,000 miles and although I owe about eight more payments, the book value on it is $11,000.

To date, I have made about 20 oil changes, added a new set of tires and some new wipers. That's it.

That's why I bought it. I wanted a car that would drive forever and not cost me a fortune to maintain.

Draft saved Draft deleted