1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why YOU should buy a toyota TODAY!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Theoldbenchwarmer, Sep 14, 2007.

1. I was driving home from work on 695 (around Baltimore) tonight, as I usually do. The roads were slick; that happens when it rains. Traffic was moderate to heavy; this also happens when it rains (around Baltimore). Up ahead: Brake lights. I aggressively apply the brakes of my 2006 Toyota Corolla LE (which many on this board advised me to purchase two years ago). A fine stop. Three feet from the car in front of me. However, the old guy behind me was not as successful. I get nailed.

Pull over and get out of the car. Swearing under my breath. He's taking his sweet-ass time getting out of his car. The front end of his POS is fucked. I swear under my breath some more, knowing my car is going to be about foot shorter. I look. Nothing. What the hell? I look around the side. Nothing. Under. Nothing. I look back at his car. Fucked. My car. Nothing.

When I asked for advice originally on purchasing a new car, people said Toyota's are solid. I underestimated them. Badly. Folks, if you want a safe car, go out and buy a Toyota. You won't regret it.

edit: fixed a stupid typo.

As a side note - the old guy was fine.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

That's a lucky brake.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Them's indeed the good brakes.
    I need a break job and I think it is going to be expensive.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'm heading to the brake room to get a water. Anyone need anything?

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You're all going on blast.

6. Moderator1

Bring me a drink and too crackers, two, please.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Figures. Ya'll would rather poke fun then be nice. IJAG, bring me a Dr. Pepper, please.

8. Moderator1

Code words!!

Two kewlllllllllllllllll.

And old guy, we don't mean to make fun of your good fortune. That truly is a great thing.
    But c'mon man! Brakes are in your car. You got a good break. Eh?

9. I installed brakes on my jeep (my previous car). It's not that difficult and a lot cheaper. But Jeeps are easy as hell to take apart. I'll probably bring my car to Firestone just to make sure the alignment didn't get knocked out of whack.

10. Have good brakes. Caught a break. Both make me happy.

11. Moderator1

Good. Celebrate your good fortune with a cold one. I'd join you but mother nature calls and it is gonna get real ugly.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted