1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why You Have to Love the Rocket

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Aug 8, 2007.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

SNY recently replayed Nolan Ryan's save from Game 4 of the '69 World Series against Baltimore. Ryan dusted Boog Powell late in the game with a fastball up and in. Boog went down, then got up, brushed himself off, and dug in for the rest of the at-bat. No stares, no threats, no nothing.

A lesson there for today's players.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Well Beef I couldn't disagree with you more on this one. There are things you just don't do. I agree that this has been completely overblown.
    Player does something to piss off other team,
    Player then gets beaned,
    Other team retaliates
    Neither pitch near the head, time to move on end of story

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

my two cents: maybe a-rod shouting "ha!" was bush league in some eyes. whatever. but he didn't try to hurt anybody or make a dirty slide.

this baseball justice is a freakin' joke. you throw at a guy to let him know he pissed you off? fine. toronto finally did it monday night. the pitched missed but th message was clearly delivered.

then the piece of crap toronto pitcher throws at him again last night, this time hitting him. awful. good for clemens to retaliate in the perfect spot. it should end here.

but toronto overreacted to effin' up the popup in the first place. geez, players yell things at other players ALL the time on the field. even those who argue that they don't, well, so the eff what? the blue jays effed up the play and waited all this time to deliver a message? grow up, men.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree, personally I don't even think it was worth getting pissed off about in the first place to the point where it required a plunking.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Thank you. Couldn't agree more.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Still looking for the movie.

I do own the Richard No. 19 t-shirt.

7. alanTdot

alanTdot Member

Hockeybeat I love your avatar

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member