1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why You Have to Love the Rocket

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Aug 8, 2007.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The Jays go after A-Rod in two games? Sorry about your disappointing season, but you took your first shot and missed. Get over it.

Good to see the hard slides by the Yanks in this series, too, like someone still remembers how the game is played.

2. Jones

Jones Active Member

Don't forget Josh Towers calling Tony Pena a quitter after. Me likey this shit.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I am not a Yanks fan or Clemens supporter, but didn't the Jays throw behind ARod on Monday? Shouldn't that have been the end of HA!-Gate?

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

As Goalmouth says:

I will also reiterate that the A-Rod's yell was perfectly fine. Damn shame people just search for excuses to complain about him.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

This is what John Gibbons said when Toronto played in NY last month:

''We've forgotten all about it -- it was so long ago -- until somebody brought it up,'' Toronto Manager John Gibbons said. ''That's all I got to say.''

How stupid does Toronto look now that they decided to wait until Roger Clemens is on the mound for the Yankees.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Toronto still looks bad for not dealing with the consequences for drilling A-Rod in the Bronx. Like drilling A-Rod at another time or place would make MLB forgot about what happened months ago.

And Clemens was smart to throw at Rios when he did, when his night was essentially done and the Yankees had that win all but wrapped up with a chance to catch another full game on the Red Sox. You don't get tossed early for that when in the middle of a playoff chase. Look at the criticism Manny got the night before when he argued and got tossed, leaving some rookie to play the last five innings.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Boom, they didn't "wait" until Clemens was pitching, they threw at A-Rod first pitch Monday night, same spot but missed behind his knees. That's where it should have ended.
    Towers was stupid to go after him again last night.
    Clemens did the right and expected thing ... game out of hand, his night about over anyway, retaliate.

8. boots

boots New Member

Roger wouldn't have done that shit to Frank Thomas. Why? Because Frank would've kicked his fucking ass.
    Roger always picks on people who won't fight him back. I call that being a pussy to the first degree.

9. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Hmmm. If I'm not mistaken, a few years back when A-Rod was with the M's, Clemens took him out with a knee on a play at the plate. One of the dirtier plays I've seen in baseball.

Clemens was just being Clemens again. Another dislikeable great player in the tradition of Tyrus Raymond Cobb.

10. boots

boots New Member

The A-rod with the M's was a kid learning the game. He wasn't trying to fight anyone.
    Clemens is a pussy. He'll talk tough. He'll try to bully and intimidate. He's like LaRussa, a loud-mouth pussy.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Then why did his teamates think it was wrong? It's something you just don't do. I do agree A-Rod does get criticised to harshly sometimes but not in this case.
    Like Clemens or not what he did and when he did it was perfect. Why would you want him to get kicked out the very next inning?

12. alanTdot

alanTdot Member

I believe the blue coloring indicates sarcasm ... .

Draft saved Draft deleted