1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why you don't root for the Giants in a house full of Cowboys fans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I went to the girlfriend's uncle's house today to watch the game.
    There were about 30 of us and I was quietly rooting for the Giants and everything was fine.
    In the last minute of the game, when the Cowboys were driving, two of the kids come in from outside and they are wrestling. Kid A is the girlfriend's little brother, Kid B is some cousin.
    The two kids get broken up and the girlfriend takes Kid A into a back room to settle him down. Girlfriend's mom and another lady went back as well. Girlfriend's uncle, who owns the house, goes in there just to see what is going on and girlfriend's dad comes busting in and bitch slaps the uncle twice. Uncle goes down and girlfriend and the other kids come running out. I'm told we have to leave, so I grab my boss and we rush out of the house.
    The screen door closes and I look back in time to see girlfriend's dad picking Kid B's dad up and body slamming him against the wall and punching him twice. Mass chaos, with screaming and breaking of glass, ensues. The pair get broken up and two of the girlfriend's uncles join in with the dad and they start whaling on other folks.
    Thankfully I was gone at this point, driving the girlfriend and her two siblings home.
    So, lesson learned. If you are rooting against the Cowboys in a house full of Cowboys fans who have been drinking all day, stay away from the girlfriend's dad.

All of that said: My weekend is complete. The choking fucking Seahawks lost. Wazzu lost. But hey, at least the Cowboys lost, plus I saw a brawl and I wasn't involved.

Good times.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like you hang out with some quality folks.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

This is why I thank God my mother does not watch sports.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I can't help that the girlfriend's extended family is nuts.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

If only the Cowboys would have won. All of this would have been averted. I really hope the two giant fish tanks weren't the breaking glass I heard.

6. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Just a few quote changes in that paragraph and you have yourself...

THE ARISTOCRATS!

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

One of the things in life I would truly pay to watch your mother watching a football game with a group of people -- and Lou.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Agreed.

In hindsight, I wonder if I was in danger of getting punched, but I wasn't being a loud, crazy Cowboys hater, I was just smiling periodically.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

If you marry this girl, 'Gola, the wedding reception should be a blast.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Trying ... hard .. not .. to .. make ... Packer .. fan ... jokes. :)

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I already told her, if we get married: No booze at the reception.

12. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Sure you can.

Draft saved Draft deleted