1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why WWE coverage?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JR119, Apr 21, 2016.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Sorry. Have to agree to disagree. We've run a couple of briefs on McGregor this week, including tomorrow's paper, and that's likely where it would end up if it were to happen.

JR119 likes this.
  2. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

If you run boxing in Sports, MMA should be in Sports. Pretty simple.

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Well, yes. On that, I can agree. But we run very little boxing or MMA. And if we do, it's almost always in briefs unless we have a local card. And no way in hell is Lesnar getting on our sports front, much less any of those other guys mentioned.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Would you put Ronda Rousey on the sports front? You most definitely should.

And if you do, you should know Lesnar is every bit the star and top draw that she is.

5. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Lesnar likely wouldn't get on our front, either, unless it was some horrific accident or something crazy. But DeskMonkey just said he should be in Sports. I think we all agree he belongs there.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yes. As I said, I have a McGregor non-retirement story in my sports briefs as we speak. Not sure if I quoted the wrong post or I just misspoke. UFC and boxing=Sports; Wrasslin=entertainment

JR119 likes this.
  7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I think Rousey is a bigger name than Lesnar. People who don't know sports know who she is. Few people outside of sports know Lesnar.

JR119 likes this.
  8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Not sure Rousey would make the cover either in the next 3 years, but it would certainly merit a discussion. I might vote yes on that. She had a lot of crossover appeal, for lack of a better description.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Right. That's why he is on the sports front.

10. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

but that's still in the sports section.

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Correct. As noted, I think I quoted the wrong post. MMA is definitely sports.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This is starting to sound like a newspaper version of "Who's On First?"

JR119, HanSenSE, JRoyal and 1 other person like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted