1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why won't my speakers work?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Wife bought a new TV.
    I hooked it up to the cable and DVD/VCR player. But I can NOT get the sound to go through my stereo speakers. The new TV requires a different cable (a digtial audio cable) whereas the old stereo has the standard two plug (red and white) system.
    I bought a Y adapter and hooked it up. I get feed back through the stereo when I brush the digital plug against the jack, but once it is inserted I have no sound...
    Why?

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Digital audio output is meant to be fed into a stereo (or in many cases today..a soundbar) with a digital audio decoder. It is not the same as the analog output of the red-white cables. Look at your TV's manual to see if there's somewhere else on TV where those red-white outputs might be (I've seen TVs with removable panels that include extra audio outputs).

3. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

You proba... ...d to connec. ... ...... and ...... ....... th. .... ...er. That shou.. .. it.

4. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP! TURN THEM SHITS UP!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted