1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why won't McCain release his military records?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Kerry didn't release his records, at least not all of them.

2. Now I have the last word. Ha ha!

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

So be careful what you wish for.

It is the habit of every politician everywhere to burnish their bona fides with their service records. Tailgunner Joe! PT 109! How many times did we see that footage of HW being pulled aboard the submarine?

If it's fair to hector Kerry or Cleland - or any one of a hundred other candidates from both parties - for details of their time in uniform, it's also perfectly fair to ask Mr. McCain for his.

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Actually, he did. It was mentioned in the original article posted on this thread.

5. Mizzougrad96

Not completely.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Okay. I'll try again.

Yes. Completely
    The Standard Form 180 is what McCain is refusing to sign now.

7. Hmmmmmmm.

Despite graduating in the bottom 1 percent of his Annapolis class, McCain was offered the most sought-after Navy assignment -- to become an aircraft carrier pilot. . .The most accomplished midshipmen compete furiously for the few carrier pilot openings. After four abysmal academic years at Annapolis distinguished only by his misdeeds and malfeasance, no one with a record resembling McCain's would have been offered such a prized career path. The justification for this and subsequent plum assignments should be documented in McCain's naval file.

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I voted for Kerry in '04. I'm likely voting for Obama in '08.

I'm a democrat in most every sense of the word and even I think McCain's records are off limits.

9. Mizzougrad96

Kerry released most of them, but not all.

10. Mizzougrad96

During the 2004 election, Kerry posted his military records at his website, and permitted reporters to inspect his medical records. In 2005, Kerry released his military and medical records to the representatives of three news organizations, but has not authorized full public access to those records.

11. That's completely contradictory to what you posted earlier. You said he didn't release all his records. Then you say he did, but only to the media. You know those slackers at the AP, Boston Globe and LA Times.

Make up your mind.

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I'll go back and bold it for you... and repeat it here:
    No, the entire world didn't get to see them. It seems you are upset about that. But the FACT is that the entirety of them were released.

Draft saved Draft deleted