1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why won't McCain release his military records?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Odd that the Dems were singing a different tune regarding this just four years ago. Kerry absolutely could not have his military record called into question. It just wasn't right...

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm not saying Kerry was treated fairly in 2004, but you cannot possibly compare what happened to Kerry over there to what happened to McCain.

One got shot in the ass. The other was a POW for five years.

3. You could question why McCain wasn't smart enough to avoid being captured.

4. Mizzougrad96

Are you really that much of a douche?

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Well, considering that the crash broke his right arm, left arm, right leg and left him unconscious until he was pulled out of the lake and beaten by a mob, I don't know what smarts have to do with this.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Right. "Shot in the ass." Nope. He did nothing else.

Also, mentioning the fact that McCain has had multiple planes go down could be an indication that maybe he became a POW because he was a reckless pilot.

7. If you're too fucking stupid to realize when someone's not being serious, that's your problem. Your last post was just as ridiculous as mine. We're at the point where we're splitting hairs on men who served in Vietnam? Christ.

You know sometimes you don't have to reply to every thread. Sometimes, it's OK to keep it to yourself. Really.

8. Mizzougrad96

OK, shot in the thigh and ass. The swiftboat thing made me cringe four years ago and wasn't fair on any level.

Look, if you don't like McCain, that's your right, but don't you fucking dare denigrate a man who spent five years as a POW defending this country.

If you don't want to vote for him, that's your right.

But, he is a war hero. Fuck you if you think otherwise.

9. Mizzougrad96

Go fuck yourself.

Really.

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Way to go overboard with the posting.

Who said he wasn't a "war hero?" Maybe if his record comes out fully, we learn that he really isn't a "hero." Maybe we learn that he isn't very good at piloting. Maybe we learn that he really is a hero. Maybe we learn about some inspirational leadership.

The reality is, though, that we know very little about a man that likes to thump his chest about being a POW.

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

So the Republican strategy of wailing long and loud for the excruciating scrutiny of a candidate's service records - Cleland, Kerry, et al. - is not to be honored when that candidate actually is a Republican, i.e. Bush, McCain. Got it.

Draft saved Draft deleted