1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Why We Cheat"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Mar 22, 2012.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Even if he had doubled the number of times he came, and added 7, I'd be impressed with the output.

23 times? For a guy? No fucking way.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If you can stay off your cell phone long enough ..... YES ;)

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Google Translate should take care of it in a few seconds.

Oh ... that's not what you meant.

4. My wife and I have had conversations about that subject before. I let it be known my views on it, pretty much what I said here. I just don't think I could ever forgive something like that. I love my wife and we have three kids so leaving would be so, so hard . . . but I think I would be left with no choice in the matter. I just don't know, personally, how you could ever forgive a spouse who does that. Like I said, I just think it's the worst thing a spouse could ever do . . . ruin the trust built in a marriage. For me, trust is just a known, a given, a pillar I can know is always going to be there. Once that is brought into question, the whole marriage would fall apart. And before anyone jumps on me for this, this is just in my case. There are no right or wrong answers in this situation.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Mais 15 ou 16 n'est pas déraisonnable."

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I don't think it's the worst thing a spouse could ever do. Hurting the children would be way, way worse. But it'd be pretty bad. I could forgive, I think, especially if there were kids around. On the other hand, it'd take years to get past it. "Now where were you? The Kroger? Riiiiiight."

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

No mode of hair removal is ever gettin' down there, and I bet most guys would say the same

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

In his defense, he didn't know the 16 women he had sex with that day were hookers paid for by the lobbyists trying to buy his support. He thought they were just a bunch of 20-something-year old women who all happened to want to have sex with him in the same day. He is the great seducer, after all.

9. doctorquant

I meant physical/emotional/sexual abuse, but I agree with you.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This is probably going to sound a little weird, but besides just the betrayal aspect and dealing with the idea of your spouse in someone else's bed and sharing emotions with someone else, the time commitment required for a covert affair would just piss me off to no end. I would think, "You mean I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off, vacuuming, walking the dogs, changing diapers, setting the DVR, grilling the chicken, balancing the checkbook because I'm thinking we're in this together ... and you have time for THIS?"

I know that's weird, but I also know that would be part of my irritation. Knock on wood, I'm pretty sure I'll never have to deal with it.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Here's a good example of when it goes bad in today's NYP. Article mentions that the guy was valedictorian of his class at BYU.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/mistress_busts_bigwig_sdZpnqcSYX941LtWQt224H

12. doctorquant

I don't think that's weird at all. I was talking with a friend of mine the other day who's nearly the same age as me (I'm 49 and he's 52), and we both were laughing about all this shit you have to simply let go on an ongoing basis if you're committed to making a marriage work. I can honestly say that if my wife had an affair, lots (not all, certainly, and likely not even most, but a significant portion) of my anger would rest on the knowledge that I was putting up with all of this or that stuff while she was out escaping from it!

Draft saved Draft deleted