1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Why We Cheat"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Dam, that might be the most perfect post ever made on SJ. Crisp, pointed, wry and perfectly spelled.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The part about the close shave is a little dated. These days, the Esquire Man is trying soooo very hard to maintain his pretentiously unpretentious 36-hour growth and carefully mussed hair.

3. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

I would, however, like the recipe for the Manhattan that tastes like the future.

Perhaps we could put it in a screen box with a teaser to the Mad Men preview.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

But one must still trim and shave, mustn't one?

One must.

www.esquire.com/style/tips/how-to-grow-a-beard

www.esquire.com/blogs/mens-fashion/gilette-fusion-proglide-styler-review-021412

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Um, what year do you think this is? 2010? Get current, man.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Frank Ridgeway would be lost without Esquire. I wonder if he has switched over to the 36 hour growth.

7. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Scruffy up top. Clean shaven below.

It's not rocket science.

8. Not necessarily pertaining to the article, but cheating on a spouse has to be the worse thing one could do. No, I haven't been cheated on (that I know of), but I just saw a facebook post from a buddy of mine that pretty much read, "Great f&*&^^&^ birthday present I just got . . . found out wife's been cheating on me since January."

I swear, I would almost rather be offed by my wife than find out she was cheating on me. Living with that has to be tough. And as an earlier poster put, yes, both parties are equally at fault if he/she knew the other person was married. What the fuck is wrong with people? If you aren't happy in your marriage, then get out, then move on.

9. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

This post brought some not-so-welcome images to my head

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I don't get this. Why do people want to make stuff like this public?

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

How would you like to be the poor schmuck who had to fact-check this item?

And can I also ask.....is that even possible?

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Hey, Maxim was the best freelance gig I ever had! :D

And no, I'm not joking.

Draft saved Draft deleted