1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why they teach running backs to block

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DocTalk, Jun 3, 2008.

1. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Did Favre last forever because his backs looked after him?

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — Green Bay Packers running back Noah Herron hit a burglar with a bed post during a break-in at his home, according to the Brown County Sheriff's Department.

Investigators said the incident late last Friday injured the intruder, who remains hospitalized.
    Sheriff Dennis Kocken said Herron used necessary and justifiable force in protecting his life and property.

Investigators said Herron called police after he heard glass breaking in the lower level of his suburban Green Bay home. He reported an unknown number of people had entered the home.

The sheriff's department said one of the intruders entered Herron's bedroom and Herron hit the person with a post he had unscrewed from his bed. Herron was not injured.

2. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

I'm glad the writer included the last sentence. I was wondering why someone would have a spare bed post.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Damn, that must have been a old-school bed. Ouch.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I thought that same thing. More impressive than wacking the burgler over the head was knowing that your bed post could be unscrewed.

5. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

In no way am I trying to make light of this, but how ironic is it that Sean Taylor grabs a fuckin machete to defend himself and it does him no good, and all Noah Herron can think to do is unscrew his bedpost and it ends up possibly saving his life.
    Jeez, life is strange sometimes. Thank God no one was hurt and tragedy was avoided.

6. Boom_70

Maybe sean could not get his bed post unscrewed.

7. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Boo!!

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Who thinks about their bed post when people are breaking in?

9. That's why Herron went to Northwestern!

10. Boom_70

Is that a digg on "The U"?

11. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I wonder if he'll add another notch to that bedpost now.

12. Boom_70 - I wasn't intending to make a funny against "The U", rather speak to Noah's education at NWU.

Draft saved Draft deleted