1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why The World Is Not An Episode Of 24

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Feb 9, 2007.

1. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

...and for some, apparently, its brains. I don't have the answer. But all I know is that whatever we're doing, it's not working.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The difference, Junkie, is that if what we're doing isn't working, people like you and me want to keep trying new things. People like Fenian and andyouare? think the solution is to go home and hide under the bed and hope the terrorists go away.

If these guys were doctors of oncology, the only medicine they'd ever prescribe is sugar because it feels a lot better than chemo or radiation. Never mind that the cancer keeps growing, that sugar sure tastes good. And then to make things worse, when the patient dies, they take absolutely no responsibility and blame the doctor that tried chemo after their own inaction already made it too late.

3. Wow, that was about the largest leap in logic I've ever seen on here. Take a bow, tony.

4. old_tony

No leap in logic whatsoever. Liberals never want to do anything that isn't easy. It's why they're liberals in the first place. It's easy to feel, it's not easy to think.

5. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Wow. That is so fucking stupid on so many different levels. Even for someone that doesn't believe in evolution, that's off the idiot charts.

6. jboy

jboy Guest

I'm pretty much a full-time lurker, but I have to say Old Tony, that your idiocy is too much for me to let pass. So if someone doesn't believe in torture, they want to hide under their beds? I've voted Republican for the last 20 years, but your statements are just ridiculous.

Do you think for yourself or do you just regurgitate everything Dick Cheney says?

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

So people, Fenian has produced his own series -- not of course for Fox, but for the Network of Katie Couric - the show will be called 72, based on the number of virgins Fen's designed victors of America will enjoy for making the ultimate sacrifice.

8. old_tony

Nice strawmen there andyourare and jboy. You won't find anywhere on this board where I said I favor torture or that I don't believe in evolution. What you will find are statements where I've said evolution is still just a theory that has not been demonstrably proved, not a whole lot different than intelligent design.

But then when you are intellectually dishonest, you have to assign words to the people you're debating rather than argue what they really say. Why is that? Because you can't argue the facts.

9. jboy

jboy Guest

Facts? What facts have you provided on this discussion?

And then you criticize others for putting words in your mouth and strawmen and in your previous post you say:

Did they ever say that? Or did "you have to assign words to the people you're debating rather than argue what they really say".

10. old_tony

When they have no plan of action but run away and hide, yes, that is what they're saying.

11. jboy

jboy Guest

Oh! Is that what they mean. I apologize then. Thanks.

12. And the state rests, Your Honor.
    The brave boys hire people to torture other people for them, lest they sepnd their days sitting in a piddle of their own fluids.
    That the people doing the torturing get damaged too doesn;t matter a damn as long as the brave young Americans feel safe and dry.

Draft saved Draft deleted