1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why The World Is Not An Episode Of 24

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Feb 9, 2007.

1. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!! WOOOOOOOOOH!!!!! YEAHHHHH!!!!

2. Or, you cut off their money.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That works too.

4. RespectMyAuthority

RespectMyAuthority New Member

What do you expect? According to William Arkin, the military is made of a bunch of mercenaries. I'm sure the piece in the Post only reconfirms the viewpoint of Arkin and the far left nutcases who believe the U.S., and not the Muslim extremists, are the true enemies in the world. We tried, and are still trying, to do a noble thing in Iraq. It's a war we never should have engaged in, but it wasn't undertaken with the goal of expanding the American empire. Who knows what goes on in an interrogation room. I'm sure the piece in the Post is accurate. And I don't have a problem with it. I'm sure much worse things have gone on that we don't know about. It's a different world now. Maybe there are peace-loving Muslims outside of this country, but if so they're remarkable silent. This is a war, and Muslim extremists are the enemy. That's the world we live in.

5. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

What's that have to do with whether torture is effective or not?

6. RespectMyAuthority

RespectMyAuthority New Member

I'm sorry. I didn't realize we had to stay absolutely on topic. In the future, I will try to craft my replies to reflect only the topic at hand. I don't know if torture works or not. I've never participated. Also, what your definition of torture is could be different from mine. If keeping a terrorist (or prisoner) up all night makes him more receptive to interrogation, than I've got no problem with that.

7. And, to be fair, people I know in that business tell me that the Fredo Administration actually has been pretty good at doing that. Long way from the days when Phil Gramm blocked the Senate bill that would have made following the international money trail easier.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You and I both know that if you beat that man long enough, he'll tell you he kidnapped the fuckin' Lindbergh baby. Now that don't mean it's fuckin' so!

Nice Guy Eddie was right all along.

9. joe

joe Active Member

Yeah, but Jesus' dad thought it was perfectly all right to stone folks to death, so that whole bible thing sends a hell of a mixed message.

10. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Shut up Dirty Sock. Why can't you be more like Can O' Beans?

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Junkie, you're smarter than that.

You follow the money. It's intelligence gathering 101.

12. Ask the German cops how they did it with Baader-Meinhof.
    Ask the Peruvians how they did it with Shining Path.
    Of course, it's easier just to torture the towelheads because it feels good.
    This country's lost its freaking soul.

Draft saved Draft deleted