1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why the hell is a dog show considered a sport?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by XXXX, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

My black lab Grace begs to differ.
    She said, and I quote, "bark, bark, bark, woof, woof, howl, pant, pant, pant, whine!"
    And she was wagging her tail the entire time.

2. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

First of all Dude, you don't have an ex. Second of all, this is a show dog, with fucking papers. You can't board it, its hair falls, it gets upset!

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's perfect if your features section has deadlines to handle it. At a lot of papers features prints early and wouldn't be able to get a story or photo of the winner tonight.

What do you do then?

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

1. People like dogs.
    2. It has to go in the paper somewhere.
    3. It's at night and has agate, so it goes in sports.

5. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

That's what happened at our shop. I got an e-mail from the slot guy yesterday saying they had late-breaking copy from the dog show they had to watch out for, and he was not pleased.

But the city editor's thinking was that if someone was looking for news about the dog show, the first place they'd look is sports (this is cityside thinking at its finest).

The point about the deadlines is well taken, though. The lifestyles people are out the door at 5. And if the city deskers had to handle copy that comes in past 7 p.m., I swear they'd have a heart attack or have to go on a six-month stress leave :D

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Did any of the dogs take a gigantic dump on stage this year?

7. cortez

cortez Member

Parker Posey=party animal

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Doesn't everybody like to see beautiful bitches perform?

Draft saved Draft deleted