1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHY THE HELL HASN'T MIKE RICE BEEN FIRED YET?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Of course if he was in a union there's no way he'd be fired.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

That's why he used "like" instead of "such as."

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Oh and any AD who went along for even an instant with any kind of hoax which showed the head basketball coach engaging in assaultive and possibly prosecutable behavior would be fired so fast it would take a millisecond-accurate atomic clock to time it.

Which would be followed about two-tenths of a second later by a multimillion-dollar lawsuit on the part of the coach against the AD.

Once this shit's out in the world, it can't be stopped. Even if some report comes out scrubbing him 'clean,' Rice will always be known as the screw-loose fucker who fires balls at guys' heads and calls 'em f****ots.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I remember my first day of spring practice in high school, one of the coaches was being a dick during a fumble drill, throwing the ball so you had to run like 15 yards to recover it and screaming at us like a madman. I got frustrated and chucked the ball back to him underhand while he was yelling at someone else. Hit him right in the nuts. ;D

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

That's the worst part. Practical jokes aren't supposed to hurt people. I find this very irresponsible on the part of The Star-Ledger and those who went along.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I would be very concerned too. Why don't you start emailing everybody and stop it?

This report has been out in the intertoobs world since early afternoon. If it was all made up, a hoax, you would think Rutgers would have called a PC or at very least issued a statement categorically denying it all, but they haven't.

Yes, I would be concerned. Very concerned.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm with you, Vers. They can't scrub the whole board. The Truth is out there.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This thread should be deleted to spare Shockey any embarrassment.

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

OTL did a very nice job breaking the story and getting the AD to go on after the report aired.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I'd like to agree, but the mainstream media, in particular newspapers such as The Star-Ledger, wield too much power these days.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I won't believe this is true until the player goes to bullyville.net.

[/crossthread]

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm thinking Phil Jackson would be a great coach for Rutgers to pick, since he knows there are no gay men in basketball.

Draft saved Draft deleted