1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why some people shouldn't be in education: Hang that Cub Scout terrorist!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ScribePharisee, Oct 12, 2009.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Apropos of nothing, a first grader can't bring a knife to a Cub Scout function either. The soonest they can have them is when they are Bears (translation: age 8/third grade) and only then after passing a safety course.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Same as everyone else: 45 days is way too long, but six-year-olds do not need to be carrying around pocket knives.

3. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

maybe he needed to cut the crust off his pb&j.....or sharpen his crayon? He would have been fucked without the pocket knife!

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The Boy Scout motto is Be Prepared, not Go Unarmed.

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Princecreole recently started preschool. He's 3-years old.

We missed the announcement that there's show-and-tell the last Wednesday of every month. So for September, the prince didn't get to participate in show-and-tell.

The next Monday, I'm going through his backpack because he said he had a couple papers for us. He had thrown in a little toy truck. I asked him why he took that.

"For show-tell."

Me and the queen had no idea he slipped that toy into his backpack. If that makes me a bad parent, so be it.

6. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

How sharp is that knife? Is is like a plastic knife? I can't imagine that someone would give a six-year old something that could potentially be used as a weapon. I wonder if the school has forks in the cafeteria. If so, are they not concerned about the damage that could be inflicted with one?

Yes, it's sad that the kid was suspended. But zero-tolerance rules/laws were put in place to do away with accusations of someone getting preferential treatment.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Maybe we should just ban the Boy Scouts altogether

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!!!!!

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The only harm a spork has done is putting a plastic splinter in your eye when it breaks trying to pick up a piece of pie.

10. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

You and your hard headed woman are looking for trouble! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted