1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why soccer is evil part 92,784

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Diabeetus, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Snagglepuss. It was a goofy title for posting what I thought was a funny video. I hadn't seen the flippy throw in before and was also curious if that was something players normally did.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That stuff is only cliched because soccer is evil and stupid. If soccer wasn't evil and stupid, people would stop saying 'Soccer is evil and stupid.'

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You're not allowed to make such jokes. One of the biggest drawbacks of soccer is it takes itself very seriously.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

A guy named Diabeetus probably doesn't need any more Capri Sun anyway. Just put it down and walk away. And don't even think you're getting any orange slices, mister.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Soccer is serious business. The world loves it, so we are obligated to love it.
    Although my mother would ask, if the world jumps off the Brooklyn Bridge, does that mean YOU have to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge.
    And I would say, 'Yes, mother.'

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

We have a kid down here who can fire his flop-throw about 40 yards.

As for the video, it's hilarious. I think it may have also been highly intentional on the thrower's part.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

How about the time that happened, except I got nailed in the junk. ... that wasn't so fuckin' funny. It was last week.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

The wedding's still on though, right?

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

yes

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

At least there's more time off the clock. Maybe that was the best defensive play of the game. Give that kid the game ball. Just hand it to him, though.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Why do you think that's hot-dogging?

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Personally, I prefer this clip to the one that started the thread..

Kid takes it right in the face and if you watch the replay and the angle, it was obvious that the flipper was totally aiming for said kid's piehole.

And if you didn't like that one, check this out:

Draft saved Draft deleted