1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why soccer is evil part 92,784

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Diabeetus, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Sweet jeebus! Is that something that happens on a regular basis or was the kid throwing it in hot-dogging it?

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

The somersault throw-in is used to get momentum on the throw-in and often to get a more-vertical throw. Kid in the blue uniform shouldn't have been there.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I think it was an accident. Not hot dogging, just sorta happened.

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I really hope I wasn't the only one who laughed very hard at that.

5. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Oh you weren't! Does the kid in blue not know anything about soccer? It wasn't a direct kick or anything for him to block! At least hew knew to guard his junk, too bad the ball was a little higher.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

You weren't.

I like how the kid had the foresight to try and protect the family jewels, and then takes a blast to the face.

EDIT: beaten to the punch by Mr. Slydell.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

You just have to see that the ball went to the far side of the area on his second attempt to understand the additional power behind a correctly performed flip throw.

And yes, I laughed too.

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Oh, I laughed and watched it about 20 times. I just thought it'd be unfortunate to be the kid in blue.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

That. Was. Awesome.

10. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Haha. That clip reminds me of the time ... during a high school basketball game I was playing, the ball was going out of bounds and I jumped to save it by throwing back in bounds. Sure enough, turned around while in the air and nailed a defender right in the face (by accident) with the ball. Ball bounces off his face and goes out of bounds. Our ball. The whole gym cracked up laughing.

11. forever_town

forever_town Active Member

I laughed, but I had to contain myself somewhat since I'm in a public library.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Wow, OTHER sports that are evil!

Baseball:

Lacrosse:

Football: http://www.truveo.com/Kid-gets-hit-at-a-football-game/id/919174768

Basketball:

Hey, I'm no huge soccer fan. But the "soccer is evil" and "haha, soccer is stupid" stuff is so cliched it makes Harlequin romance #1,457 look fresh.

Draft saved Draft deleted