1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why should he live?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by kickoff-time, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

McALLEN, Texas (AP)– A Texas man accused of fatally beating his 2-year-old stepdaughter when she wouldn’t stop crying as he watched a World Cup game has been charged with capital murder.

McAllen Police Sgt. Joel Morales says 27-year-old Hector Castro was charged Monday after his Saturday arrest. Castro is being held on $1 million bond at the Hidalgo County jail, where a booking clerk says he does not yet have an attorney.

Police Chief Victor Rodriguez says Castro told investigators the toddler wouldn’t stop crying while he was trying to watch the U.S.-Ghana matchup Saturday.

Rodriguez says the child was severely beaten and suffered several broken ribs. Police say a screw or bolt was forced down her throat in an apparent attempt to make it look like she choked to death.

2. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

He shouldn't live, ever, without question.

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

This breaks my heart.

4. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Jesus Christ.

Being Texas, the track to the needle will be a fast one for this guy.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I wish I never clicked on this thread.

6. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I'd already seen the story before coming here.

He should live long enough to be stoned by an angry mob at the courthouse on his way in for the trial. Then set on fire.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

A needle is too good for this guy.

I vote for tying him down on a soccer field, then allowing anyone who wants to have a free kick to the head. Heck, even charge a few bucks and donate the money to a child abuse fund.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Great - another torture fantasy thread. Been a while.

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

His name is Morales and he lives in Texas and he was watching the World Cup?

Does anyone know if he was an illegal alien?

If so, that's great news, we can send him back to whatever banana republic he came from, have them put him in front of a firing squad and save U.S. taxpayers the cost of a trial.

10. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

What difference does it make?

For the record, yeah, apparently he was an illegal immigrant. So? Illegal or not, he's still a worthless piece of crap who allegedly committed an unspeakable murder, on Texas soil. He'll get what's coming to him right there in Huntsville, after a fair trial, of course.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Splitting hairs I know, but the cop's name is Morales, the piece of shit's name is Hector Castro. Can't imagine too much turbulence on this trial. Just guessing but legal aid will probably be digging to the bottom of the barrell.

12. John

John Well-Known Member

Same here. Ugh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.