1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Scoop's Vegas Column TRUMPS Whitlock's

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Sportsbruh, Feb 21, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Dunno, you write like scoop

2. crustacean

crustacean Member

Well, for starters, would a scoop fan have a sock with a hurtin' name like "crustacean"?

It would at least have to be "phat crustacean".

3. Interesting sportsbruh, that your signature is a Scoops quote that ends "I take stands."

So now you're bashing Whitlock for a column that takes a stand and praising Scoops for writing a name-dropping piece of shit.

4. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Whitlock isn't taking Stands!!!

He's pandering and trying to remain relevant. Nobody like him - he don't even like his-self.

No need to hate on Scoop because he was REQUESTED to REPRESENT all over Sinville.

What was he suppose to do? Let the opportunity get passed on to somebody else?

Sorry kids - Jason played that game and look where he's at now.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Accusing Whitlock of pandering, when Scoop's "column" was nothing more than shoutouts and promotional shilling?

With each post, you move up the SJ Troll Top 10.

6. At least bruh is showing his intelligence with quotes such as "Nobody like him - he don't even like his-self."

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sportsbruh, please try to wrap your head around this concept. Nobody here cares what kind of access Scoop had in Vegas. Nobody.

And readers expect us to have access. That is a big part of our jobs, to take them places they cannot go. But they want more than that. They want to be informed. Or entertained. Or engaged in an argument. Scoop's exercise in verbal masturbation and name-dropping does none of those things.

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Right where he wants to be.

9. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

"Whose wasn't"? All I hate on is your abuse of the freaking language.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

actually, there is one color that gets VIP treatment in Vegas.

Green.

Lots of it.

11. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

It's obvious Sportsbruh hates the English language.

12. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Ahh....I know I'm playing into the hands of a troll, but I can't help myself.
    Scoop's column was the worst POS he's ever done. That's saying a lot. It was all name dropping and star-fucking. Give us some insight, don't just drop names. For God's sakes, you've got a great gig...the hip young black columnist for a major sports Web site. You've got a huge story that cuts to big issues about divisions in the black community, perceptions about crime, all these juicy issues that a bright, passionate guy could take a stand on....and all you do is write about how you got a sneak peek at the new Air Jordans and went to a cool party with some hot DJ?!? WTF? That's some Entertainment Tonight BS.
    Of course, this is the same guy who went to the Super Bowl last year and did a column about some rap video model who was interviewing players....

Draft saved Draft deleted