1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Scoop's Vegas Column TRUMPS Whitlock's

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Sportsbruh, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Scoop, if you're so fucking legit like you claim, why do you keep coming back to here? No one here thinks you're legit. No one has thought that in all the years you've fought for legitimacy among sportswriters (such as when you were defending yourself on Sportspages back in the day) and it isn't likely you're ever going to gain it here in the future. You act like you don't care, so why do you bother showing up here? Can't you go high-five some hanger-on'er of some rapper most people haven't heard of?

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Two things:
    1. This surely isn't Scoop. If it is, then he is a waste of a human being for posting such garbage.
    2. Scoop/Sportsbruh, why would you even think of posting what a blogger thinks on this site? Have you not been around long enough to notice that bloggers aren't liked or cared about?

BLOGGERS/!

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

BLOGS!!!!

And Whitlock remains one of my favorite writers, even if I think Whitlock the poster is a bit of an ass.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Contributions always accepted, for the Scoop Bib/Kneepad Fund . . .

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

do you take him from behind or look him in the eye?

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I giggled at Scoopbruh using "haterade" against Whitlock. A nice bit of baiterade.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Maybe he and Cockdian can go post on another website...

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Sportsbruh,

Just a question...is it really the columnist's job to present an event from the VIP's point of view, or from the the POV of a person who had to wait in line, walk the streets, and generally exist as a normal person?

I have the same issue with many of Simmons' columns; they're not the life of a real fan, but some guy whom ESPN uses to further rub in their brand.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

For most people, it should be joe fan's point of view.
    For Poop, it's all about the bling...and the self-importance that goes with it.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

So the shootings and mayhem and 350 people arrested didn't happen, because Scoop didn't feel the need to mention it ... instead calling Vegas the "perfect" place for the game?

11. VJ

VJ Member

I weep for your soul if you think Scoop's column was better.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

sportsbruh,

My new name for you is "whitepages." Your stuff is just a list of names.

Don't feel slighted, though, my friend. Phone books may not be literature but they have a lot of loyal readers.

Keep it real, whitepages.

Draft saved Draft deleted