1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Scoop's Vegas Column TRUMPS Whitlock's

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Sportsbruh, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Look man. I know you'd love for me to tit for tat with you all night. That's not my style. I just hit it and keep it moving. Maybe you need to learn that art.

Btw: you provided no redeemable value to the thread other than ANNOYANCE. Bitterness eats the HOST!

What's eating ya mayne?

2. you come across like a fool

3. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Sportsbruh, setting message board posting back 10 years.

And that's saying something.

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

5. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Will somebody PLEASE comment on the COLUMNS..............and stop attacking the messenger.

You people come across repressed!

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Repressed better than delusional.

7. Glad to!

Whitlock's addressed an actual issue--the NBA's image.

Scoop's was an excuse to drop lots of names so everyone could realize what a cool guy he is and how many famous people he knows.

I'll take Whitlock... as always.

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Alright, since you asked...

Whitlock pointed this out on the Adam "Pac Man" Jones thread about the difference between writing for the Star and AOL. I've read all three and Scoop may have been up close and personal with the All-Star stuff, I didn't give three shits about the EA video game players. Those guys who play video games for a living has no lives of their own. Trying to channel Garnett and James through a paddle has never made any sense to me.

Whitlock's AOL was about the city and the fans reaction to the "Freaknik-wannabe" weekend in Vegas. Despite Stern's efforts to control a monster he helped create, the hooligans, posse, wannabe bangers, hoochie mamas, baby's mamas, and whores turned the damn city upside down. While Scoop was inside most of the time hobnobbing, Whitlock was outside and inside. No one from ESPN or TNT wanted to say anything about all of the other stuff that "should stay in Vegas."

I think it was interesting to read what Scoop did all weekend, most fans are going to resonate with Big Sexy and his take.

9. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Scoop, I read both columns.
    Scoop's was just an look-at-me excuse to drop names... boo-hoo, you had to write and couldn't get your limited edition throwback.
    Whitlock's had a point - that gangbangers and thugs are taking over the NBA All-Star Game, a point driven home by the Pac-Man Jones fiasco. (Shocking, I tell you).
    His was actual journalism. Scoop's was a scoop of crap.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

If the messenger wasn't a babbling fool...

11. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Oh!

I get it!

You feelin Whitlock's GHETTO BEATDOWN column as oppose to Snoop's INSIDE scoops?

ha ha ha

figures, So who do you think the PLAYA'S are going to TALK to? An obsese writer filled with haterade and self-hatred or a writer they feel a kinship to?

btw: Stu Scott/Jim Grey did the same thing - with a MIC!

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Whitlock's MUCH better.

Realism . . . as opposed to sucking.

Keepin' it real.

Draft saved Draft deleted