1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Scoop's Vegas Column TRUMPS Whitlock's

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Sportsbruh, Feb 21, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Proveably scared? Demonstrably scared?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If you want to bring your real-world cred here, use your name. If not, you will be judged on the quality of what you write on the site. In other words, we will continue to see you as an idiot.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I think Sportsbruh is just posting what he does to get a rise out of people. Perfect definition of a troll. Because I don't know anyone who would say it's all about the bling you flash and the stars you schmooze, not the actually quality of your life (or writing).

4. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Everybody do not think like you. Isn't that refreshing.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Most do think like him. Even more refreshing, troll.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm afraid there are more and more people who think like this dolt. How else do you explain the popularity of Paris Hilton?

7. Please.
    Find another new friend.

8. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Friend?????

Don't get it twisted. You mean nothing to me.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Refreshing? No. I think the word I was looking for is pathetic. Flash over substance is never the way to go, although I can see convincing you of that would be like convincing large pockets of the American public that American Idol is a waste of broadcast time. Just because he rolls with stars doesn't mean he's relevant or respected.

And believe me, the only reason Scoop would name drop is because he wants respect. This isn't the way to do it, though.

10. Deal.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Clever wasn't saying you and Sportsbruh are the same people, he was wondering if others thought JDV and Sportsbruh are either the same people or a regular poster messing with people.
    And if you want to know who JDV is, do a search for Mark McGwire, though I am not sure he spelled his name right in the posts.

12. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Thank you, Angola. I wasn't referring to you at all, ballparkman, I just wasn't judicious with my use of the quote function. I should have cut yours out. My point was that JDV and sportsbruh are extremely similar in their trollish ways.

Draft saved Draft deleted