1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why no mention of this Steelers' story?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DwightKSchrute, May 18, 2009.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Considering James Harrison has been in trouble for beating up his girlfriend, yeah, I'd say the word thug applies to him.

Oh wait, I forgot, that was the only time it happened, he said he was sorry and he went to anger management classes....... ::)

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09142/971948-66.stm

Maybe Harrison just didn't want to be put to work.

I found it funny that the Steelers gave President Obama a jersey with the number 44, last worn by Najeh Davenport.

Things took a more serious turn for Harrison yesterday. One of his pit bulls got loose and attacked his son, who was taken to a hospital by ambulance. No word yet on his condition.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09142/972024-100.stm

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Like I said, someone needed to fill Porter's shoes. Now he just needs shot outside a Colorado nightclub. But if he was in DC, imagine being pulled from meeting Obama because you pit bull started chomping people?

Oh, he just moved from a fool to a thug.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

This guy is a real ass. When are these morons going to get it? Nothing good comes from owning a pit bull.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Pit Bulls are no more violent by nature than any other breed of dog. But man, if they do turn, you're in trouble.

If you want to own one, you better have the time and knowledge to train and take care of it properly. Even then, it's not a good idea to have them around kids. Just not worth the risk.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

And now the totaled car will be taken to the dump. Fitting.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Najeh lives in CARRICK? What? No available homes in Duquesne or Beltzhoover?

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Is he in the gay army [/crossthread]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Colton

Colton Active Member

Steelers... blech

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

BYM -- I choked on my lunch because I laughed so hard when I read this. Tremendous.

11. Stories I've written on pit bulls killing kids: more than 8.

Stories I've written on german sheppards, poodles, golden retrievers, black labs, etc. killing anybody that wasn't a dog: 0

But I guess that's just my media bias.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

People I work with whose mother was eaten (yes eaten) by two pit bulls. 1

Draft saved Draft deleted