1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why no AQ attacks? Maybe ... because of Bush?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lyman_Bostock, May 30, 2008.

1. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

He's too worried about asking the EU for permission to take a shit, or standing in a ration line for toilet paper (or something like that) if Obama gets elected.

2. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

This is one area where I am willing to give Bush credit. You can't tell me Al Qaeda no longer has any desire to hit U.S. targets. That they gave up trying out of the goodness of their hearts.

Somebody must be doing something right. Maybe the war in Iraq diverted AQs attention/resources (I won't argue this was a good enough reason to go to war there, but maybe it was a beneficial side effect). There can be little doubt that freezing assets, destroying training camps, hunting down leaders -- all the stuff that we started immediately after 9/11 -- has had an effect.

Of course, AQ only has to be right once to pull off an attack, so it's tough to get too cocky.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

jesus christ.

"Those who would sell their freedoms for a little security, deserve neither".

keep up with the conversation, won't you?

4. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Of course they're still applicable. Anybody who thinks we've got it rough compared to the founders is kidding themselves. These people faced down much worse. It was a rough, rough life and they didn't have any way to communicate if something did happen.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sure they did. Didn't you learn about Paul Revere in fourth grade?

Draft saved Draft deleted