1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why MLK was Republican . . .

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RedSmithClone, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Even if MLK was a Republican back then, he was at a minimum fed up with it at the time of his death. And he wouldn't touch the party with Bea Arthur's dick now.

2. Yes, it is rather dumb. Unfortunately, it's a belief held by some in South Carolina and Tennessee.

[​IMG]

Talk about spin. I'm sure Dr. King would be a big proponent of the NRA.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. snuffy2

snuffy2 Member

Disingenuous same old attack the messenger/avoid talking about issues facing everyday voters. Dishonesty of the argument is that it ignores the fact that old school racist white dixiecrats simultaneously sucked into the hateful divisive republican wedge 'social values' issues (back in wealthier times when anyone could afford to vote against their own economic self interests and vote on abortion or gay rights or Terry Schivo, or 'terrorists' brain dead military spending, thereby handing over power to the advertising agency ownership class) in switching over to union job-stealing republican wall street predators. The crash of US republican suburbia will be severe enough to pud down even Bea Arthur's pharma dick.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Dooleyfish ain't getting anywhere near that one.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I find it comical that you note how King voted for Kennedy in 1960 but you refuse to even consider the fact that Kennedy's stances in 1960 (strong defense, lower taxes) are staples of the GOP now.

Not only would King be a Republican today, so would JFK.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Hey, Zeke, I think tony is making a run at RSC.

7. old_tony

When it comes to smarts, I'll gladly stand with anyone you guys call stupid.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Good for you. We also call RAMBO and IndiansNetwork stupid. Have fun.

9. StevieNicks

StevieNicks Member

Tony - Didn't you veer away from the political threads for a long time?

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's not suspect. It's about as fraudulent as you can get.

Talk about exposing both your ignorance AND you bias in the first paragraph.

Well, with any luck these mouth-breathers will STFU after the election.

11. old_tony

I didn't totally veer away. Just pulled back. I try to be less combative, but some folks can't go a day without pulling out the personal insults. Sometimes I respond to them, sometimes I don't.

12. StevieNicks

StevieNicks Member

I think you are a fine human being despite your political affiliation.

Draft saved Draft deleted