1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is it....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Oct 4, 2007.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

That since 6 last night I can start a new thread and post a response to (almost) any thread here, however if I try posting a response on the music thread, I get an error message that the page cannot be found? Others can post there. I can post a response to any other thread here and on the other boards with no problem, but yet I try posting a response to the Music Thread and I get an error message that the page cannot be found.

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Do you have any cedillas, umlauts or any other foreign-y type accent marks in your post?

I tried posting Barca with a cedilla on the c instead of Barcelona and the site said it couldn't process the request. Once I dumped the cedilla, it posted just fine.

3. EStreetJoe

None of those things. Just a regular 10-12 word post.

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Then that, sir, is freaky.

Other than that, all I can offer are the entry-level tricks -- close browser window, empty cache, clear cookies, quit and restart browser, etc.

5. EStreetJoe

It's still going on now.
    I've tried all that already on two different computers and three different browsers but none of those tricks work.
    It's very weird that its just the one thread I get the error message on.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Have you tried becoming a subscriber?

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Let me guess the subject of said post, Mr. E Street? :)

8. EStreetJoe

Didn't notice it until now, but the screen name of the person I was quoting had an accent mark. I changed it from an e with an accent mark to a regular e and could post fine.

9. EStreetJoe

If your guess was going to be Bruce Springsteen you would have been wrong :)
    It was a John Fogerty post.

Draft saved Draft deleted