1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is ESPN speculating ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bubbler, May 20, 2009.

1. Notepad

Notepad Member

Najeh Davenport confirms it is No. 2.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying Vick should be handed a job. But he's done his time; he shouldn't be kept from pursuing his livelihood, and if an NFL team wants to take a big chance, Goodell has no business stepping in

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

In this day and age with GPS and all, shouldn't we able to follow the Vick caravan online via the interwebs? We could see him progress city by city, west to east, as a little dot on our computer screen. See where he actually does stop--is it Circle K or QT or Waffle House. And even better if he would send tweets along the way. (Man, driving through Kentucky is almost worse than being in prison...)

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

badnewz: stopped at a Petsmart in Raytown to pick up some dog biscuits. Hope my parole officer isn't reading this.

10:34 a.m. May 20 from twitterfeed

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

ESPN's Chris Mortensen now confirms it is a No. 2. Michael Vick just had a No. 2!

And now, we go to John Clayton for the significance of this. John?

Clayton: It's obvious that he wants a fresh start so he will be wearing No. 2.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Ewww...not even Davenport would go that far.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Good news! Now you can track Vick's every movement, via Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/hacklabtoilet

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

when i saw one of nagi's reports yesterday the exact same thing struck me: "NOW WE'RE SUPPOSED TO GIVE A CRAP IF HE'S DRIVING 19 HOURS TO ATLANTA OR FLYING?"

another reporter -- for espn or nfl network -- was already in vick's neighborhood to report things "are business as usual" in the toney community. heck, vick hadn't even been released yet!

insanity rules the day.

9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Trust me, by the time you get past Indiana, the smooth roads of Kentucky are an absolute godsend until you hit Lexington.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

My money was on No. 3.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

So if you're wearing a monitoring bracelet, am I correct to assume they are waterproof and you wear them in the shower? Or do you just not shower while on house arrest? (Should limit the number of visitors coming by if that's the case).

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Ask Lindsay Lohan.

Draft saved Draft deleted